Issue the command and you will see a list of all the layers in your DWG.
By highlighting one of them, you will see only the layers on that highlighted layer.
Select another layer and you see only that layer.
Now the fun begins…
In the layer list, you can…
- Click a layer name to display the contents of a layer. (what we just did)
- Double-click a layer name to turn the Always Show option on or off. This will display a small asterisk next to the layer name. Now when you select another layer the asterisked layer(s) will stay visible.
- Press CTRL and click layers to select multiple layers.
- Press SHIFT and click to select layers in a sequence. (shown below)
- Press either CTRL or SHIFT and double-click in the layer list to turn the Always Show option on or off.
- Click and drag in the layer list to select multiple layers.
Make sure the Restore on Exit box is checked. Then when you close the dialog box, all the layers will be restored as they were when you entered the command.