I recently came across a variable that was set in an older release on my machine but not my newest install of AutoCAD 2008 . It controls the View Transitions. You can have them smoothly glide in and out – or turn it off (my preference)
Here is the “how to” from the help files in AutoCAD 2008…
To change the appearance of view transitions
- At the Command prompt, type VTOPTIONS
- In the View Transitions dialog box, check one or more of the following options:
- Enable Animation for Pan and Zoom. Makes a smooth view transition during panning and zooming.
- Enable Animation When View Rotates. Makes a smooth view transition when the view angle is changed.
- Enable Animation During Scripts. Makes a smooth view transition while a script is running.
- Set the transition speed by moving the slider.
- To preserve performance, set the minimum frames per second for showing smooth view transitions. When a smooth view transition cannot maintain this speed, an instant transition is used.
- Click OK.