Wow – It has been a long time since I last posted. I have been very busy with work and AUGI and vacation and more.
Time Management is always a big issue with me and trying to squeeze it all in is often very tough.
Here are a few tips to get you to maximize your effectiveness against the backdrop of the ticking clock.
1. Delegate the small stuff and the big stuff. You do not have to be hands on with everything. Get some help. Pass on as much as you can. I know that it means that you have to organize things before you can pass them on, but it is worth it.
2. Keep in mind your job description. Whatever is on yours is a priority. Place those things first or get them taken off your job duties. Unattentive managers will review you based on your job description. Get that done.
3. Don’t get bogged down in the little stuff. Stringing together a ton of small tasks equals big time losses. Push off the small stuff and get to the big stuff.
4. Break down the big things into small bites. Do the small bites in the small time windows that your day provides you.
5. Keep a log of what you do and review it to see if you are focused. If you are not, rethink what you are doing.