- Project Navigator automatically sets up Xrefs. When used correctly all things work well. But you do NOT want to use the Xref Attach commands apart from PNav.
- The Manage Xrefs button on the Drawing Status Bar will alert you if a change is made to one of the Xrefs you are using and you can reload the file.
- Be careful how many project drawings you open at one time. System performance can slow down dramatically when you have multiple large drawings open even when using Xrefs.
- Autodesk suggest that you DO NOT use windows explorer or the AutoCAD open command to open drawings associated with a project. It does actually open the files, but I have noticed that some items do not function properly.
- For every drawing file (DWG) in a project, a corresponding XML file is created that holds project information. They are just text files, but this is how PNav coordinates the complete set of files. Do not delete the XML files.
- To move a project from one directory to another, close the project, right-click it and select Move Project. You can select the new location from a browse window. ADT will automatically repath all the files. Do Not just drag the files from Explorer.
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed !