Just a quick “heads up” about an event in the middle of the US…
The Mid Continent MicroStation Community is hosting an event.
Overland Park, Kansas
August 25-26, 2009
Registration is now open!
Here are just a few reasons to attend this year’s conference:
• Interesting and informative sessions on MicroStation,
• The latest information on the current MicroStation, GEOPAK and InRoads releases
• Building Information Modeling (BIM), one of the hottest topics in architecture and engineering, continues to be a featured track
• User sessions by local and national firms
• Structural Analysis solutions (RAM, STAAD, LEAP, and others) in a dedicated track
• CAD Management tracks, as well as Plotting, Publishing, and Collaboration
• Hands on Workshops using MicroStation and Discipline specific Tools
• The ever-popular giveaway games and “Jeopardy”
• Visit our various exhibitors and browse their offerings
• The ability to network with your peers
• Earn Continuing Education Credits
View the sessions at a glance:
Register at http://www.tmcmcmc.org/modules/confreg/ 
Free CAD Managers Forum Event:
EatyourCAD (EYC) is holding the first US CAD Managers Forum event at HNTB’s offices in Kansas City, Missouri on Monday August 24th from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. The focus of this round-table, open discussion session will be looking at the developing role of the CAD Manager, with emphasis on the current recession. We will be looking at how BIM is impacting our daily jobs, and how to approach implementation. We will be discussing the expense of training and how we can make the most of what is available to maximize benefits and how CAD Management should support our company’s business aims. Demonstrating success, and justifying the role of CAD Management can be difficult, but it is essential to the long-term success of the CAD Manager’s role. The afternoon sessions are for exchanging ways of managing your priorities, planning projects and monitoring your performance.