Again – here is some info from the readme file in ACA2008 – my comments in italics
Property Set Definitions
- New automatic property set definitions have been added for spaces.
- Base Perimeter Including Interferences
- Gross Area Minus Interferences
- Gross Perimeter Including Interferences
- Net Area Minus Interferences
- Net Perimeter Including Interferences
- Usable Area Minus Interferences
- Usable Perimeter Including Interferences
When using the Generate all option for adding spaces, the following may be observed:
- some spaces may not generated.
- spaces may be created inside walls with wall body/plan modifiers.
To resolve this, manually pick points to generate the spaces.
Spaces created with the Space Generate tool will be associative, whether or not the Associative property is set to No in the tool. The space can be set as non-associative after its creation via the properties palette.
Associative extrusion spaces do not automatically update when a wall sweep is added or edited.
The boundary offset for curtain walls will be generated according to the following rules:
The net, usable and gross boundaries will be generated as one segment, offset to the base boundary of the curtain wall. In order to produce the correct offset results, the boundaries may need to be manually offset to the preferred location.
- The boundaries for net, usable and gross area may not be offset correctly for curtain walls which reference a base curve.
- When spaces are generated using a calculation standard, the boundaries for usable and gross area may not be offset correctly for walls with sweeps. To resolve this, use the manual offset boundary type and manually edit the boundaries to the correct location.
- When associative spaces, with offset boundary set to By Standard, are mirrored the boundary offset for the net, usable, and gross boundary will be incorrect. To resolve this, the space needs to be regenerated or the offset boundaries need to be edit manual.
- A space object will display a defect marker when the base boundary for an associative space object is out of date, or does not match its bounding objects. When space boundary offsets are generated by an area calculation standard, the space objects need to be up to date with the bounding objects to calculate the correct offset. This means that when an associative space objects base boundary is out of date, any adjacent space objects whose boundary offsets are generated by an area calculation standard will display an out of date defect marker as well.
- To resolve this, edit the bounding objects so that all associative spaces are up to date.
The usable offset boundary may fail to offset correctly when columns or mass element are located in the corner of a wall connection. To workaround this issue, use the manual offset boundary type and manually edit the boundaries to the correct location.
Legacy datasets – Warning!
In drawings from a previous version, it is possible for spaces to disappear or display a defect marker after turning on the ‘Automatically update associative spaces’ in the Options dialog. This may happen for spaces that have been generated from collinear surfaces, to fix this, select all the associative spaces in the drawing and update them, using the command