More Comments from the 2008 ReadMe
- IFC Export will only export the components of objects that are On in the Model Display Set. IFC Export does not use the current display when exporting the file. To verify the visibility of an object open the Display Manager and browse Sets and Representations by Object to control what will be exported.
- Elements within a larger entity, such as a Mullion in a Curtainwall, with zero width dimensions may cause the entire entity to fail to be exported.
- Both wall and slab objects that have overlapping components will be exported without their named components. The components are combined into one called “Unnamed.” The overall wall or slab geometry is maintained to the shrinkwrap or outline extents only.
Detail Component/Keynote Database Migration utility
- Beginning with AutoCAD Architecture 2008, the US detail component and keynote databases supplied with the software use the CSI MasterFormat 2004 standard. Using the Detail Component/Keynote Database Migration utility to migrate your database customizations from a database that uses the CSI MasterFormat 95 standard (as in Architectural Desktop 2007 and previous releases) is not supported. The migration utility will not properly migrate custom records from the older databases and may errantly overwrite records in the new databases with CSI MasterFormat 95 data.
- The Detail Component/Keynote Database Migration utility can still be used to migrate records from one CSI MasterFormat 95 database to another. Note also that using the Database Migration utility to update an older database with data from the new CSI Masterformat 2004 database is not supported.
Using CSI Masterformat 95 Databases in AutoCAD Architecture 2008
If you want to use a database from Architectural Desktop 2007 or previous releases with the current release of AutoCAD Architecture 2008, you can load it as described under Adding a Detail Component Database to Available Databases or Adding a Keynote Database in the Help.
Note that the older database must be located with its corresponding content, maintaining the folder structure, to function properly. A details database will not function with the new 2008 US details content. Likewise, the previous version keynote database will not function to automatically keynote 2008 US details content, but only detail components inserted using previous version details or details in previous version drawings.